How to add a lot of terms at once?
The way to add a lot of terms is to use Import. Follow
Recommended number of terms is 500. The number varies depending on server performance.
The process of importing terms is a complicated task. There are a lot of transformations with text during the process. You can import 100.000 terms on a local machine but a web-server, especially on shared hosting, allows to import 500 terms or less at best.
Importing large databases
These settings for
php.ini help to import large databases:
- max_execution_time = 3600 ; 1 hour
- max_input_time = 3600
- memory_limit = 64M
- post_max_size = 64M
- upload_max_filesize = 64M
Some hosters allow to change settings using
- php_value max_execution_time 3600
- php_value max_input_time 3600
- php_value memory_limit 64M
- php_value post_max_size 64M
- php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
A 60-MB XML-file imports during ~10 minutes on Intel Celeron 1.6 GHz.